Nikon Rumors is reporting some specifications for the upcoming Nikon D4. If the specs hold to be true, then it looks like the D4 will be giving the Canon 1DX a run for it’s money. I’ve listed some of the highlights below, but be sure to follow the link to Nikon Rumors for the full report.
- 16.2 MP
- 11 fps
- 100-102,400 native ISO range, expandable to 50 and 204,800
- CF + XQD memory card slots! That’s right, the Nikon D4 will have the new Compact Flash XQD memory card slot.
- Face detection/recognition function that will be working in the viewfinder (maybe some type of a hybrid viewfinder? Nikon had several related patents)
- Uncompressed video out through the HDMI port
- Improved 51 AF points
- AF detection range will go down to EV-2.0 (the D3s went to EV -1)
- Autofocus system: 9 cross-type sensors that are operational up to f/8